International Credit Union Day Celebration Details
- Refinance your Auto Loan between October 15th-20th and we will give you $200 PLUS 60 day no payments*!!
- Flu Shot Clinic October 16th - 9:30 am - 11:30 am. Main Branch - 627 Livingston Road, Crossville.
- Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting at your NEW Cookeville Branch – October 18th 11:00 am- 4:00 pm
- Refer a Friend to UCFCU during the entire month of October and get a gift! Print the form below and return to receive your gift**!
Click Form to open PDF file for printing...
*Existing UCFCU Auto Loans do not qualify. Minimum loan balance to refinance is $10,000. Other restrictions apply.
**All new accounts are subject to UCFCU standard account membership terms and disclosures. Eligible account types are Classic Checking, Advance $300 Checking and Advance $600 Checking. Referral coupon must be submitted at the time the new member opens the account. Referring member and new member must be active (by conducting at least 6 transactions) and the account remain in good standing during the 90 days from the date of new member’s account opening to be eligible for the incentive. Existing primary member and a joint owner opening a new membership account does not qualify as a new member. Former members qualify as a new member provided their previous account was closed more than six months prior to the date of reopening an account. A member may not engage in fraudulent activity to earn a referral bonus. UCFCU may modify the terms of the referral program without prior notice and reserves the right to end this program at any time. Valid October 1- October 31 2018.
Debit Card Safety Information
Read Blog Post
The Dos and Don'ts of Credit Repair
Read Blog Post
Staying Healthy During Flu Season
Read Blog Post
Member Discounts on a NEW Computer and Equipment!
Yes, that’s right - your credit union has partnered with CipherTek Systems, located at 1270 West Avenue Suite 104 Crossville, across from the Recycling Center. They now offer a 10% discount for UCFCU members on all their computer products! All you need to do is show them your membership card or Debit card to receive the discount. Call them today to start shopping for that new computer at 931-456-1327!
What Will EMV/Chip Credit and Debit Cards Mean for You?
The U.S. is poised to upgrade its debit and credit card (payment card) security systems in an effort to fight skyrocketing fraud costs. And while federal regulations already protect you, as a consumer, from liability for most fraudulent transactions a crook could make using your account, when payment industry participants are hit by fraud, everyone’s costs increase.
That’s why the U.S. industry is implementing EMV (Europay, MasterCard, and Visa) cards, which contain computer chips that authorize or validate payment-card transactions. We’re the last developed country in the world to do so. Here’s how the change will affect you:
- You’ll receive an EMV card. This may happen when your current card expires or you might get a special reissue from UCFCU or other financial institution. UCFCU will start issuing chip credit cards in November 2015 and as our member’s credit card comes up for renewal. UCFCU EMV/Chip debit cards should become available in the first quarter of 2016. Card issuers have discretion about whether they’ll require you to use a signature when making payments or to use a PIN (personal identification number).
- The transaction process will be slightly different. You’ll insert your EMV card in a POS (point-of-sale) terminal, wait for it to be authorized, and remove it. You’ll either sign a sales draft or key in your PIN to complete the transaction.
- Other countries likely will stop accepting mag stripe cards after a certain date. You’ll need an EMV card when traveling abroad and international travelers in the U.S. will have the additional protection against counterfeit that EMV cards afford.
- It’s possible that some merchants and card issuers may choose not to convert and will continue to use mag stripe technology for a time. Your card still will work at the point of sale and consumers will continue to be protected from fraud liability.
If you have questions about EMV cards and how they will affect you, contact the professionals at UCFCU. Stop by or call today at 931-484-9433.
For more information about the EMV/Chip Credit and Debit Cards Click here.
Click here for video instructions on using your new EMV/Chip Card.