Mobile Banking App
Mobile Banking is banking in the palm of your hand. Search for UCFCU in the App Store or on Google Play and enjoy free account access from your smart phone.
What can you do with the UCFCU Mobile Banking App?
- Check account balances
- Make transfers
- Check loan and savings rates
- Mobile Deposit
- Find a location
- Locate our ATM’s
- Get the phone numbers to call and report a lost or stolen Debit or Credit Card
- Make a loan request
- Calculate loan payments
- Link to Kelley Blue Book
- Link to Credit Card ScoreCard Rewards
- Link to Reorder Checks
- Link to Sign up for E-Statements
- Link to MyMoney.gov
- And much more!
Mobile Deposit Details
Deposit your checks in a Snap!
With the newest feature of our mobile banking app Mobile Deposit. Quick as a click.
It's fast, convenient, secure, accurate and easy!
Save Time and Energy with Mobile Deposit!
- Fast - Submit deposit and receive confirmation in seconds.
- Convenient - Deposit checks anywhere, anytime.
- Secure - Log-in security and data encryption ensures your information is always safe.
- Accurate - When capturing images, our application automatically extracts payment data.
- Easy - Just download the app and get started with our simple to follow instructions.
Mobile Deposit Requirements
(An active checking account is considered 3 month history with a minimum of 10 transactions monthly.)
- You must be a member with an active checking account for 3 months.
- You must not have any overdrafts within the past 3 months.
- You must have the Mobile App as well as Home Banking.
- Users must enroll by completing the enrollment form located on the mobile app.
- Log in to your Upper Cumberland Federal Credit Union Mobile Banking app
- Endorse the back of the check as “For mobile Deposit only”, and your signature and account number
- Select Deposits from the Menu
- Select Deposit
- Select the account to receive the deposit
- Enter the amount of the check
- Take a photo of the front and back of the check
- You will receive a confirmation via email that your deposit is being processed
- Securely store your check for 30 days after deposit
Check Image Tips:
- Take photo against a background with a strong contrast between the check and the surrounding area
- Position the camera above the check so there is no angle
- Move any objects that show up in the picture away from the check
- Make sure the check is visible, contains all four corners, is well lit and in focus
- The check must contain a readable; check number, payee name and endorsement
- The check must contain a readable character (numeric) amount of the check and legal amount of the check
- The check must be drawn on an institution located within the United States
Check Safekeeping, Retention and Destruction:
- Mobile Deposit users are required to retain the original check for 30 days after the deposit has been transmitted to the credit union.
- This provides sufficient time for research in case there is an issue with the image quality or if the original item is required for any other reason
- Mobile Deposit users are required to securely and irretrievably destroy the original paper check after 30 days.
- A cross-cut or diamond shredder will assist in complete destruction of check information.
- Do not leave deposited checks lying around, do not put deposited checks in trash or recycle containers, unless they have been shredded first.
- For deposits received and accepted on a business day that we are open before 3:30 p.m. Central Time (Monday thru Friday), we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. Deposits made after 3:30 p.m. on Friday and/or throughout the weekend we will consider Monday to be the day of your deposit unless Monday is a Federal Holiday. Funds from your deposit generally will be available to you on the first business day after the day we receive your deposit.